Your Glutathione Is At Risk!
How? The FDA will soon consider whether your compounded glutathione can continue to be prepared by your pharmacy. During the past two years, the FDA’s Pharmacy Compounding Advisory Committee (PCAC) reviewed 48 medications used in compounding and voted to continue allowing only 15 of those to be compounded.
When will this happen? We anticipate glutathione will be reviewed as early as May 2018 and no later than August 2019.
What does it mean for me? A “no” vote on glutathione will likely mean you won’t have access to compounded glutathione!
What can I do to help?
Go to bit.ly/SMM-Glut to submit your story and share the impact glutathione has on your health and what it would mean if you no longer had access to it. See the back for specific information you’ll need to provide.
Here’s how you can help protect your access to glutathione:
Go to bit.ly/SMM-Glut to submit your story and share the impact glutathione has on your health and what it would mean if you no longer had access to it. Be sure to include:
- Your first name only, age, city and state. If your child is the patient, also provide his/her first name only and age.
- How long have you or your child been on glutathione?
- What dosage form? For example, shots, IVs, etc.
- What pharmacy do you use?
- Your story about how glutathione has helped you (or your child). Be sure to include: why you (or your child) are on this medication, what would happen if you did not have access to glutathione any longer, and anything else you’d like to share.
Where will this information be sent? How will it be used?
Your response will be sent to PCCA, a partner to your pharmacy. PCCA sells products like glutathione and many others to the pharmacy where your prescription is then compounded for you. PCCA will have a representative testifying to the FDA’s PCAC to advocate for access to your medication. Your response will significantly help strengthen that testimony, as PCCA will send in your story and many others for the committee to review prior to the meeting.
Thank you, in advance, for making a difference and helping ensure you will still have access to your glutathione! If you have any questions, please call your Wellness Pharmacy at 800-227-2627 or PCCA Public Affairs at 800-331-2498.