Quality control is job number one at Wellness Pharmacy®—starting with a state-of-the-art laboratory utilizing Class 100 laminar hoods in certified ISO 8 clean rooms.
Below is an overview of our sterile prescription quality control procedures:
- Ingredients are shipped to our facility with Certificates of Analysis verifying product integrity.
- Ingredients are stored in a carefully-controlled environment prior to usage.
- At the time of prescription preparation, the ingredients’ lot numbers and expiration dates are recorded.
- All staff involved in the sterile compounding process is trained and credentialed in preparation of sterile injections—and are annually re-certified for proficiency.
- Prescriptions are re-checked after preparation for color and/or clarity, consistency, packaging integrity, and readability of label instructions—enabling patients to easily measure required doses accurately.
- A product sample is tested by an independent lab to verify sterility and integrity. Patients living in states requiring extensive end-product testing (before dispensing) must await the results before the product is dispensed.